At West Earlham Junior School our goal is to make PE enjoyable and achievable for all students. We aim for children to experience a wide range of both individual and team activity so they adopt a healthy active lifestyle and enjoy good health.
We will do this through;
- A curriculum which has clear end points and a detailed clear progression of skills knowledge and understanding throughout key stage two,
- An emphasis on teaching the links between physical and mental health,
- Offering a variety of sports and activities for children in Key Stage Two that enables pupils to apply a broad range of skills,
- Outdoor and adventurous activity challenges which develop skills both individually and within a team,
- Sporting after school clubs which include sessions led by qualified coaches from the local community,
- Extending opportunities for students to take part in competitive activities and festivals through the local School Sports Partnership, and organised leagues.
By the end of Key Stage Two we want our students to;
- Have the necessary knowledge, skills and understanding to lead a healthy active lifestyleWe ,
- Know how physical activity affects their body and mind,
- Develop their individual skills, sharing experience and co-operating with others,
- Be able to run, jump, throw and catch in isolation and in combination,
- Play competitive games fairly,
- Have a good understanding of how to improve in different physical activities and sports,
- Be able to evaluate and recognise their own success,
- Swim competently and confidently over a distance of at least 25m and perform safe self-rescue around water.
Back to Curriculum Subjects page or visit another subject page by clicking on the list below: