A high proportion of children at West Earlham Junior School are eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant. Here staff believe in ALL children. There are “no excuses” made for underperformance, and staff adopt a “solution-focused” approach to overcoming barriers.
The Pupil Premium Grant is invested by the school in line with our pupil premium policy. As a result, children at our school who are eligible for the pupil premium are well supported and make progress throughout the curriculum.
Just a few examples of how the Pupil Premium grant benefits children at West Earlham Junior School:
- Mentoring sessions for each child three times a year, so that children are clear of where they are and what they need to do next to improve
- The development of dialogic learning across the school- supporting greater participation, confidence, thinking and debating skills
- ICT infrastructure, including the use of IPads and lap tops, which allows ICT to be used throughout the curriculum to support learning
- Extended schools provision
- Small group support and more support in class
- The development of the music curriculum with a specialist music teacher
- Pastoral support so that children are happy and ready to learn