A high proportion of children at West Earlham Junior School are eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant. Here staff believe in ALL children. There are “no excuses” made for underperformance, and staff adopt a “solution-focused” approach to overcoming barriers.
The Pupil Premium Grant is invested by the school in line with our pupil premium policy. As a result, children at our school who are eligible for the pupil premium grant make better progress than children nationally.
Just a few examples of how the Pupil Premium grant benefits children at West Earlham Junior School:
- Lesson Study is established where teachers work in groups to review and improve their effectiveness
- Assertive mentoring is established, which includes 1:1 mentoring sessions for each child three times a year, so that children are clear of where they are and what they need to do next to improve
- The development of dialogic learning across the school- supporting greater participation, confidence, thinking and debating skills
- New ICT infrastructure, including the use of IPads and lap tops, allows ICT to be used throughout the curriculum
- A really wide offer of extended schools provision
- The development of Study Clubs before school for children so they have support to complete homework and a quiet space to read
- Small group support and more support in class
- The development of the music curriculum and the school orchestra