Through our computing curriculum at West Earlham Junior School we aim to give our students the skills that will enable them to embrace and utilise new technology in a socially responsible and safe way. We want our students to be confident using a variety of different technologies. We want our students to become independent and responsible users of technology, and begin to develop the skills they will need in the workplace
We will do this through;
- Following the Purple Mash Computing Scheme and applying the skills taught in the wider curriculum,
- Applying skills in our inquiry curriculum to deepen the students’ understanding,
- Using both IPads and laptops in order to access a range of apps and software,
- Teaching discrete computing lessons to focus on the skills of information technology, digital literacy and computer science,
- Tracking progress through the curriculum using an adapted Purple Mash skills tracker,
- Using Google Classroom and Google Drive to complete tasks and record work.
By the end of Key Stage Two we want our students to;
- Be critical when using research online,
- Be able to navigate the internet safely,
- Create code effectively to suit different purposes,
- Use a variety of IT skills to aid their research,
- To be able to solve increasingly complex problems using IT.
Back to Curriculum Subjects page or visit another subject page by clicking on the list below: