Dear Parents and Carers,
Due to Government Funding in the Adult Education Budget. We have several Free online Accredited Courses available to Parents to help better understand some key issues around young people’s mental health and wellbeing. We currently have the following subjects available.
- Understanding Autism (learn how individuals process sensory information, understand characteristics, understand conditions, learn how speech, language and communication differ in people with Autism)
- Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health (Understand factors which may affect Young Peoples mental health, the impactthat they have and how to support them with these issues)
- Understanding Behaviour That Challenges (supporting positive behaviour, effective communication & how to manage challenging behaviour)
- Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties (understand characteristics of ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia & Dyscalculia, importance of early diagnosis, assessment methods available to diagnose learning difficulties)
On average the courses take between 20-30 hours to complete within in a 6-week window and are completed on a laptop or computer at the learner’s home. No Exams, end point assessments are involved, the courses are purely Q&A based and are available to you 24/7.
The only criteria the learner must meet to be eligible, is the following..
- Aged 19 or over on or before 31st August 2020
- Have lived in the UK/EU for 3+ years
- Not already on a Government funded course (Apprenticeship for example)
The course is completely free, but the learning provider reserves the right to charge an admin fee of £150 in the event that someone enrols, but then makes no attempt to complete the course without a valid reason. That said, the college will grant extensions if the learner has a genuine reason as to why they feel they won’t be able to complete it within the 6 weeks.
If you are interested in undertaking one of these Free Online courses, then please complete the following link asap. This will then allow me to contact you and send over the relevant Enrolment details.