Year 5 – Autumn Term
In the autumn term, our learning is focused on the lives of Saxons in Norwich and exploring the impact of William the Conqueror’s invasion in 1066.
In history we are learning:
- To study of an aspect of local history significant to Norwich by using primary and secondary sources
- About the legacies left from this period in history including Norwich Castle and Norwich Cathedral.
- About the cultural impact of the invasion and how the lives of people changed after 1066
In science we are learning all about Forces.
We are learning to:
- Explain that unsupported objects fall towards the Earth because of the force of gravity acting between the Earth and the falling object.
- Identify the effects of air resistance, water resistance and friction, that act between moving surfaces
- Recognise that some mechanisms, including gears, pulleys, levers allow a smaller force to have a greater effect.
This term we are learning year 4 and year 5 words.
Head to Purple Mash/English/SPAG/Spelling Resources year 4 and 5 for lists that they can practise. Pupils know their logins. Purple Mash
Times Tables: In year 5 the children need to know all their times tables to 12 and the division facts.
SumDog Maths: The children use SumDog once a week in class to help them recall their times tables. You can access SumDog at home and practice your times tables knowledge.
Hit the Button: Hit the Button: Great for rapid recall.