This term, we have been thinking about the seasonality of fruits in the UK as well as finding out more about why different fruits grow in different countries. We find out about fruits which grow in the tropic regions and discovered information about the journey of the pineapple from Africa to the UK.
Our Challenge: To design and make a tropical fruit salad.
- First we tasted pineapple, papaya, watermelon, banana, apple and tangerine and discussed the taste and our preferences.
- Next we decided what we would put into our tropical fruit salad.
- Then we prepared our cooking space by cleaning and wiping the tables.
- After that we learnt how to use a knife safely and put our skills to the test by chopping up our chosen tropical fruits.
- To finish, we made a yoghurt and mint dip and drizzled this over our salad.
- Afterwards we washed up the utensils and cleaned our work space.
- Finally we tasted our tropical fruit salad.