We returned to our experimental model houses after a few days to see if they had survived the weather. Here are our results:
Things that went well
- The roof sticks stayed in the ground as we had made sure that they were pushed in well.
- Some of us had used leaves to cap off the roof. These stayed on because they were spiked onto the wood.
Things that didn’t go so well
- The grass we used had mostly blown away. It was hard to attach it to the wood.
- Some of the houses had not been tied tight enough and came untied
We have decided that loose dead grass is not the way. Although the leaves worked, it might have been hard to find leaves big enough for a real sized house.
Bella-Rose found a picture of a reconstruction where they had put material over the sticks.
Pictures to follow.