We decided to categorise the questions we came up with about Skara Brae…
Questions about the houses of Skara Brae…
- Did they have roofs?
- Did they know how to make house they were not underground?
- Why were the houses underground?
- Were the houses comfortable?
- How many builders were needed?
- Where did they have the toilet?
- Did the houses have doors?
- How did they make the bricks?
- How did they move the bricks?
Question about the Neolithic lifestyle…
- What did they wear?
- How did they make weapons?
- What was the weather like?
- How did they protect themselves?
- What did they eat?
- What animals were around them?
- Did they have pets?
- How did they cook?
- Did they travel?
We have decided to do some experimental archaeology in order to answer some of our questions. We will try to be like the Neolithic people that settled Skara Brae to find out more about how they lived their lives and why the village looks like it does now.